HybridZ

280zx engine in a 240z

Guest snilkill

Guest snilkill

Sorry for my bad english.

I have a 71 240z with a 83zx engien no turbo.

Need a new exhaust system, have not found a tread about this.

I belive the 83zx is different for the 240z, so what will fitt?

Hope some off u gays have an suggestion.

Martin

Norway

Hi, welcome to the forums. There are plenty of threads about this in the archives, but since I'm assuming English isn't your first language, I'll try to help you out. When you mention exhaust, are you talking about the header (exhaust manifold), or the piping to the muffler. The '83 motor is a bolt in swap, so any standard 240Z exhaust system should work. All you need is a header that matches the exhaust ports of the head you have and it "should" work. I'm turbo and not naturally aspirated, but hopefully someone else can chime in to help you out more.

Guest snilkill

My plan was to change all the way from header (included) to the muffler.

English isn't my first language, but i read it well:)

We dont have a datsun part store in Norway, and its impossible to buy the whole exhaust system form the states.

So my plan now is to buy a header for US that fits my engien and pay for a custum exhaust for a dealer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello my Norwegian friend.

May I please refer you to www.zclub.co.uk , a UK based club for these cars. They can offer you advice on where to purchase one, we even have a classifieds section where you can post what you are looking for. You will probably find the shipping rates from the UK to Norway more favourable then from the US.

You can even speak to a guy called Mike Feeney, www.mjpauto.co.uk , he runs a parts store in the UK and he can get hold of anything for you, including a complete exhaust system and headers too. His number is: +44 (0)1277 374201.

Best of luck.