HybridZ

auto diagnostics desk job available in Boca Raton area.

HowlerMonkey

In my time here, I have had just a couple of disagreements with people on diagnosis of Z cars here.

Here is your chance to own me on car diagnostics, or at the very least, prove yourself a competent diagnostic technician in person on a daily basis and get paid what a dealership technician receives while sitting in the comfort of a sweet air conditioned office with window view in the Boca Raton, Florida area.

THE COMPANY: Blue Streak America is the U. S. branch of Blue Streak Electronics.

We remanufacture automobile ECM/PCM/BCM/CCM/ECUs as well as dashboards and are in league with Standard Motor Products.

THE FACILITY: Located in Boca Raton, our facility has a 25,000 sq. foot warehouse full of ECUs connected to a 6,000 Sq. foot electronics shop that is air conditioned and offices with a window view.............no cube farm.

WHAT I NEED OUT OF THE CANDIDATE: You would be giving phone support to the customers who bought our product to the point that we only are responsible for insuring our product is not the issue should the customer still have issues with his replacement or repaired ECU or dash.

You would have both Alldata and Mitchell on-demand for repair reference as well as the lateral support of my knowledge since no one person can possibly take care of every single customer because we all know that about 90% of ECUs condemned by a technician are OK and that the problem is somewhere else on the car.

If you have electronic component experience, that would be a big help as it may be necessary to overlap jobs with ecu technicians here.

We would be splitting the flow of calls so you would not have to bear the brunt of all the calls yourself but I need the chance to at least spend 2 hours of each workday being a manager. I learned more about diagnostics in two months here than I did in 10 years elsewhere. At the very least, you will gain a better view of the big picture concerning engine managment systems which would make you a perfect candidate for a top flight diagnostic technician should you leave here in the future.

If you are a straight electronics technician, that would be OK since I can use my 29 years experience (19 years nissan, toyota and lexus) to help train in the most common areas of automotive diagnosis.

Use your imagination as to what the perks are since we have the ability to test and fix most any ECU or dashboard other than very recent ones (manufactures don't share security information with us) and burn most any type of prom. We do not have lifts and working on your own car here is at my discretion since I have insurance issues in that area that would need to be abided by.

I originally took this job rather than sweat my ass off in a lexus shop and, while I don't make what I did 10 years ago as a nissan master technician, I am in an air conditioned office with internet access. Also..........working at the dealership level is not what it was 15 years ago since being the only competent tech at a dealership means that all you will work on is warranty issues, squeeks and rattles, and doing the come-backs of non qualified technicians who cannot be bothered to raise their game to include diagnostics because they are turning 100 hours doing nothing but services and alignments. At $9.00 an hour, these chumps were outearning me which caused me to leave lexus. You might get lucky and score good paying old school gig at the dealerships but those jobs are quickly evaporating into what I just described above.

This is a canadian based company so use your imagination as to what kind of screening you won't be required to go through but I don't want anybody who is unreliable.

PM me with any questions not answered in the post above or send an e.mail to princemakaha@yahoo.com

• 3 months later...