HybridZ

New to the z world

Hey everybody, I am new to the z world, but have a new found love for the cars. I have been searching my local listings looking for a 240 or 260 and I came upon this http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/871615622.html

after talking it over with my dad, i think the car is well worth the 500$, it has 160,000 miles, its a 5 spd car and he says its virtually rust free.:icon14:

i was just wondering if the coupe model lowering springs will work on the 2+2's because of the difference in weight? and also will the front airdams work on the 2+2's, i am planning on doing a MSA airdam.

Thats what i thought just wasnt possitive.

I kinda decided the same thing, and was thinking i could buy this car and leave as is, and use it as a DD and then get a project 240 I could work on when I have time.Or i could just do what i planned to with the 240, and have just be a bit heavier lol

I would probably not get it if the idea is to dump a bunch of money in it. If it's JUST for transportation then get it.A 2+2 and a sunroof on top of that are going to kill the value even if you do dump a lot into it. You'll regret it later.

I shouldn't say a 2+2 is bad but unless that's what you are looking for and really want you might regret it. A sunroof is bad either way.

I was not planning on dumping a lot of money in it, im 17 with a part time job, how much money can i dump lol. I was more of just planning on lower springs tires and wheels and a front air damn, just to make look and work slightly better. and i think if i was to ever re sell the car, those upgrades would look better and in return make the value go up slightly.

I was not planning on dumping a lot of money in it, im 17 with a part time job, how much money can i dump lol. I was more of just planning on lower springs tires and wheels and a front air damn, just to make look and work slightly better. and i think if i was to ever re sell the car, those upgrades would look better and in return make the value go up slightly.

That's how it starts. I started at 18 with the same plan, that was almost 20 years ago.:D.

Not all 2+2's are ugly!!! Yes people that put a compete body kit on a poop brown 2+2 end up with a ugly car but if you take the time to plan colors, accents, wheels, spoilers, etc like any other coupe owner youll have a GREAT looking car.

Ha ha yeah, I was planning on doing a lot of planning and not just throwing it together, i have a machinist for a dad who requires everything i do to be as close to perfect as possible...so after this many years of that it has become a habit, so this build would be no different

so you dont necessarily dis agree with my plan huh :D

I'm saying if a 2+2 is want you really want get it. If you are getting it to save a few hundred, 3 years from now you might regret not spending the extra couple $$ to get what you really wanted. Most people end up spend more than they think on a car over a few years, I do every time. I've seen people spend all kinds of money on a car when they could have just got the next model up instead (MKIII v MKIV, C5 v C6, Z31 v Z32 ect) but were to far into it before they new it and then it's too late.

I'm saying if a 2+2 is want you really want get it. If you are getting it to save a few hundred, 3 years from now you might regret not spending the extra couple $$ to get what you really wanted. Most people end up spend more than they think on a car over a few years, I do every time. I've seen people spend all kinds of money on a car when they could have just got the next model up instead (MKIII v MKIV, C5 v C6, Z31 v Z32 ect) but were to far into it before they new it and then it's too late.

yeah that makes complete sense, but being completely honest, i do not mind owning a 2+2 I think they have tons of potential to be a bad a** car. just look at jay28's car.

i am completely not biased to whether i get a 2+2 or a coupe. I like all the z cars, i would be happy to own either

yeah that makes complete sense, but being completely honest, i do not mind owning a 2+2 I think they have tons of potential to be a bad a** car. just look at jay28's car.

i am completely not biased to whether i get a 2+2 or a coupe. I like all the z cars, i would be happy to own either

Yeah, I was so happy when I saw Jays car. We have the same ford grey and black trim, just his car is finished... I cant wait till I get zg's and wheels. :)

Just take your time choosing colors/styles and youll have a sweet car.

Yeah, I was so happy when I saw Jays car. We have the same ford grey and black trim, just his car is finished... I cant wait till I get zg's and wheels. :)

Just take your time choosing colors/styles and youll have a sweet car.

unfortunately I wont be having a car for a little while longer, they sold the car for 300 hundred more dollars than the price we had agreed on. we were supposed to pick the car up yesterday, but we called for directions and he said he had already sold it.:icon55::confused:

So anyone have a coupe or 2+2 thats reliable in the 500 to 1000 dollar range:icon43: