HybridZ

Z32 Manual shifter relocation

Jax

Guys,

I am doing the Z32 tranny on my L28 engine, but the vehicle that engine is in is not a 280 ZX :D, it is in a Hyndai Stellar drag vehicle so comfort is not important, I have to relocated the shifter to be moved forward because of the Z32 tranny transmission dimensions.

Do you know of any options to moved the Z32 shifter forward ?? Or use any other type of shifter to have it moved forward ?????

Regards.

Pathfinder fs5r30 shifter is 27 inches from bellhousing.

The shifter goes into the plate on them but I've seen some pretty well shortened shifters for the z32 tranny done here that should be fine.

So, what you are saying is that I can use the pathfinder shifter on the Z32 transmission ?? and it will be isntalled in the black cover plate????

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Can you take a look at this link ???

http://www.courtesyparts.com/pathfinder-r50-1996-2004/genuine-nissan-parts/power-train/328-transmission-shift-control/-c-4700_4701_4769_4786.html

This means that I will need to purchase all this tiny stuff and linkage for the shifter to work right from the 2WD 95-99???

This includes numbers 32844M and all the bolts & washers to have the shifter from the pathfinder work on the Z32 tranny right ??