HybridZ

a little tune, big gains- now with video!

Well yesterday I took my car to the last dyno day of the year and strapped it in for two pulls. I originally was going to get my tuner to hook up the laptop and see if we could make some changes between runs but he got there late and I had golf with my father in law an hour later.

No mods done since my last pull 338/32x just a little tuning by my guy after he replaced my half shaft. The car is still pretty rich up top as the exhuast pipe came off during the first run and she was pretty dark.

Needless to say it was much better.

First pull was 357/340 and he left off at 6200rpm or so. I was more than excited by that as I didn't think I'd get a whole lot as I wasn't sure what all Tino had done for the tune. He told me he did some work for tip in (part throttle) for around town fun.

Second pull I got him to wind it to 6600-ish.

363/353!

Another 6rwhp and 13trq!

Huge gains IMO from a little tuning and we know there is more in it. My tuner got there as I got off the rollers and he was tickled pink that we gained that much.

So I ran a 12.66 last time at the track, now I've got some more power to break more parts...lol

Next year I want traction and 11's :twisted:

Thanks. :)

Its an '00 with a 224/224 .567" on 114LSA comp cam, sanderson headers and an LS6 intake. Pretty mild by LS1 standards. I'm adding a FAST 90mm intake and TB combo this winter and will try to persuade my wife to let me get a set of heads if I can ;) then we'll shoot for the 400+RWHP mark

• 3 weeks later...