HybridZ

Walnut stains on paint?

Sparks280zt

Guest Gr8White
Hey guys,

Some black walnuts fell on my truck this weekend while camping and have made some stains. Anyone ever ran into this and have any idea on how to remove the stains? Thanks.

Matt

Have you tried some polishing compound and buffing it out? Try that first...

laquer (sp?) thinner could possibly do the trick just don't get rowdy on the rubbing part. gently wipe it. or you could try a body prep solvent, treat this just like the thinner.

the only problem with buffing it just straight out would be the possibility of it baking back out of the clear while sitting in the sun for long periods of time. personally i would try the two chemicals, if they don't work wash it off then wet sand that one spot and buff it.

I have funky trees at my house, and they leave crap on my car all the time. (Z is in the garage). I go down to the local paint store and get a clay bar. Clay bar takes out about 99% of the stuff off the paint on my car. Might be worth a try before you take sand paper to your paint..

I have funky trees at my house, and they leave crap on my car all the time. (Z is in the garage). I go down to the local paint store and get a clay bar. Clay bar takes out about 99% of the stuff off the paint on my car. Might be worth a try before you take sand paper to your paint..

Claybar takes off particlents not oil stains, and in a bed of a truck, its not worth wasting a claybar over.