HybridZ

Hydralic throwout bearing

Guest gprix1

Guest gprix1

Has anyone here used a hydralic throwout bearing with a T-56 transmission? I've been considering using one but have never really seen one used before and with the T-56 being a pull-type trans' will that make it more difficult or impossible to use?

Guest Anonymous

I'd say pretty impossible with a stock T56 bellhousing, maybe with a aftermarket T56 and a T5 bellhousing and adapter plate, but its far easier just using the T56 slave, and despite peoples worries about the plastic slave, it seems to work ok using JTR's tap and hose method. I believe Blkmgk even had the parts list to do it using the stock Camaro connections so no threads need to be tapped. Gimme a call on Wed (I'll be gone tomorrow) and you can come by and see what I mean. cheers.gif

Regards,

Lone

Please help me understand the "pull" type of tranny mentioned above on the T-56. My understanding of clutch systems is that the throw-out bearings on all of them, are pushed toward the PP, which is attached to the flywheel. By "pull" is he refering to the arm outside of the bell housing? If so, then the hydraulic T/O bearing on a T-56 is used the same way as the T-5 (or any other tranny for that fact). Also, I've never had a bit of trouble with mine, other than a silly thing I did to it myself. It's been very reliable, and freed up some room in the tunnel.

Dazed & confused.

Guest JAMIE T

Hey Terry, I want to use a Hyd. TB also. I'm using a Tremec 3550 5spd. It should use the same clutch components as a T5. Could you post some details(part#'s and MC suggestions). I want to use a Wilwood triple MC pedal assembly(to have a balance bar for the brakes, besides its conveniant). I'd also be curious as to what clutch you are using. My car will have @600 flywheel HP, so clutch choice is important to me.

I don't and won't have those kind of HP numbers. I am using a Ram long (not long327) style PP. The T/O bearing I'm using is from Mcloed. It has been trouble free since I've had it. The MC is a 3/4" bore, which works perfect in pedal pressure and travel. Works good, lasts a long time. What else can I say. I think Pete is running the same thing too.

Yep, I have a Tremec TR-3550 (GM form factor from darkhorse performance) using the McLeod hyd TO bearing, and a Girling remote reservior 3/4" MC.

I'm using a 91 1LE Camaro 10.5" diaphram clutch.

To me, I'd like the pedal a bit less stiff, but I'm not willing to give up the medium throw of the pedal and go to a longer pedal throw if I went with a smaller MC diameter.

3/4" MC is a good way to go.