HybridZ

Need a certain hose, no luck finding it :(

Guest Championvilla

Guest Championvilla

Hi, my Fiancee and I bought a 1979 280 ZX and have been trying to fix it up as best we can. Our most current problem is we can't find this hose we need. The number on the picture is on the hose.

HOSE.jpg

I don't even know if it was being used in the right spot, because the person who had the car before us did not tell us that they tried fixing the car using short cuts ( using silicone to hold the fuel injectors in etc.) We have gone to pep boys, auto zone etc. and they think its a radiator hose, but it does not match anything I have seen. Plus it had oil going through it, and we don't think it has a blown head gasket like someone said, because it does not overheat or anything else. It could just be the old person rigged it in the spot. We have no clue at this point lol. Well if anyone can give us an idea, etc. please do.

Heather and Erik

Guest Championvilla

so whats it used for, I don't know, and this is where it goes :P the first pic is where it connects, and the second i think is where, I was not the one to take it off

rightside.jpg

leftsideIthink.jpg

PCV hose, connected between the PCV valve hanging off of the bottom of the intake and the crankcase breather tube that comes out of the block under the distributor. Just find another hose with similar ends and connect the two back together (if that hose is bad).

Guest Championvilla

I was wondering about that pipe, that's why i did not cut it out. And for some reason the pipe does have one side bigger than the other. The side in the picture of the hose that can be seen is bigger than the other side. We took the car to a repair shop, and they said they could not get parts for the car. Which is bs because pep boys and a few others has the parts, and online we can get them. We just needed to know what to get ya know? Do you have any idea what that pipe could be? haha

I just told you (a couple of posts up), it's a PCV hose, made of rubber, about a foot long with a 90 degree bend in it. I know the hose, but didn't remember whether or not the ends were the same size. Only hot air and perhaps some oil (in vapor form) should be going through it. It's purpose is to connect the crankcase to the intake manifold to alleviate block pressure and keep a vacuum on the block itself and thus decreasing oil blow by at the piston rings, as well as other functions. Search "PCV system" on here, alot has been written about it.

EDIT: Ok, I was NOT correct about the ends being the same size. Here is the item you want, a place to get it, and an easy link to click. Click Here This part MAY be available from your local Nissan dealership, (and may cost less).

Guest Championvilla

sorry, i just referring to the "That piece of steel pipe (again, in the first picture) shouldn't even be there." comment when I said "Do you have any idea what that pipe could be? " Did not mean to be confusing :/ we are going to try a dealership also, tried to go today but the one we map-quested did not exist O_o. If they don't have it then the link you put will be a lifesaver . thanks

Guest Championvilla

I think he did it just to make the car be able to be test driven. It was fine until we got 1/2 way home and then it smoked out the back like you would not believe, and he just said we were out of luck :(