HybridZ

WooHoo it fits

Tim240z

Well my 'new' LT1 and t56 has been in the engine bay of my 240 for two weeks now (engine just resting on the pads and the GBox hanging from the gearshifter hole by a length of string).

To make a long story short, the transmount that I made for the 200 4R (pictured below) fits with the T56 perfectly!!!

Everything is nice and snug, no tunnel pounding necessary or anything...fits like it was made to be in there!!

Cool...one less thing to fab up!!! Now back to the garage to pull the R180 Mustache bar and drill and mount the R200 bar for the R230......

transmount_primered.jpgmy site

At last something went my way!! :D

Tim

Guest Anonymous

Interesting that your cross member is interchangeable. What is the thickness of the square tubing??? The flat stock- 3/16 or 1/4??. I was impressed with your mount design when I first saw it posted and plan to fabricate a like model for my 2004R when I get the engine + tranny in for a trial fit.I will be using the common transmission mount that has two bolts going to the tranny and one bolt (or two or three) to the crossmember. I want to get the right drive shaft angles on the diff and tranny before I fabriacte the mount with the correct specifications. Your crossmember mount is more professional than JTR or MSA by a long shot!

AHHHHHHHHH come on Dan! at least Tim painted it for us! Look at that plywood that's good smooth finished plywood, I need that for the wall of my metal building! Tim do I really like your X member design 2thumbs.gif

But could you post a bigger pic?
Sorry Dan...I hear your sarcasm, but I don't know how to pull the thumbnail across from my site so it appears as the full size version.

I have pulled the image, so if you want to see it it is on the home page of my site.

TZ: Let me know and I will be happy to measure it.The way I made it was to bolt the 2 plates against the tunnel, then bolt the horizontal plate to the tranny mount bolt, then by trial and error got the angles right for the vertical bars. Got the tranny/engine level and tacked it.

Tim

Guest Anonymous

Tim I am curious only to the thickness of the metal stock which is either 3/16 or 1/4 ? It should not make much difference to me but I bought this whole stockpile of 1x2 tubing at a garage sale for 2 bucks that is about 1/8th inch thick and I am trying to find a practical use for it.. I really want to hear you say that from your vast structural engineering backgound the ideal thickness of the bars is or should be exactly 1/8 inch thick. Somehow I do not think you or any one else will recomend that thickness.LOL

TZ:

The stock you have should be fine. The lengths used are short enough that very little flexing will occur. If you are still a little concerned, just add a few gussets. The stuff I used is about 2.3 mm or so thick.

Tim

Guest Anonymous

Tim, you are my type of genius! I know where I can get these cast off jet wings , do you suppose that if I re-structured the air foil and lower...............................................