HybridZ

Weather Stripping

plexus

Does anybody really spend 600$ to replace their seals? Seems pretty outrageous.

I've noticed that the majority of my leaking occurs between the window and the t-top seal. I think a big player in this problem is my horribly fitting driver's side door, which doesn't allow the window to sit where it should. The pass. side is in a similar predicament, but is more related to the poor weatherstripping on the t-top.

http://www.blackdragonauto.com/icatalog/z/full.aspx?Page=13

Number 2 on the door weatherstripping section - Front T-Top seal - 30$.

Would be worth trying I think.

I have to admit that my seals are working better since rebuilding the door hinges. It brought the door back up to where it should be and the glass meets the upper seal like it should. It isn't perfect but its a lot better now.

Mike

It is much easier to readjust the glass instead of the door. There is a glass regulator inside the door. You can adjust it to allow the glass to go up a little bit more. You can also adjust the angle of the glass also. Open the door panel and you should there are 4 bolts holding the rails for the glass. You can adjust these 4 bolts to get the glass to fit under the seal nicely and it should fix the leaking issues. For the car with the T-tops most of the water comes in at the front and back of the openning of the T-tops. These are the areas that the seal dried up and therefore you will need new seal for fix it. GL.

• 1 month later...