HybridZ

Correct offset for 18" wheels

Hi all,

Not been around for a while, busy racing (http://au.youtube.com/user/whittie260) and with uni, but im in the market for some new rims and i cant find the info im after and im really confused trying to get answers from others posts.

I'm after some 18" rims and i just want to know what is the largest width i can fit under the car with standard size springs and without flaring the guards.

I believe this is 7" with a 0 offset but im not sure. 8" would be great but the ultimate requirement is not having to disturb the original lines on the body.

The car is a 260z and has what i believe is the original struts with koni shocks and king springs that are the same size (ie diameter) as original and ive read/heard many stories about rubbing tyres against guards and suspension and really dont want to have to deal with it.

The car also has the holden big brake upgrade (4 pot fronts with ventilated discs) and r31 rear discs. I believe this has made no differance in the rear but i know that the rims i use now used to need a 10mm spacer to clear the suspension but no longer do. i dunno what they are as theyve been on the car since the p.o. but they are 15*6.5.

So yeah any help with understanding the crazy offset requirements of the zed would be GREAT!

Tom.

the wheel diameter has very little to do with the fitment, the same offset used on 16x8's will be the same offset you need, which I believe is still zero, the tire might be an issue, I doubt's you'll be able to fir much more than a 225 series tire and it will of course need to be a very low aspect ratio