HybridZ

Unknown coil pack

DatsunD

• Administrators
That looks strikingly similar to my GM v6 coilpack (3800 Series). If that's the case it could be off a v6 camaro, Grand Prix, Buick Regal... etc.

Yeup! Definitely GM!

Pretty much only works with GM ECU. Not sure if the Mega Squirt boys have been able to crack it and use it with MS.

Electromotive and SDS use the same/similar coils, not sure how they separate them from the "board" they are attached to..

I'm pretty sure it comes of the GM 3800 V6. They have them around here in Australia.

Pretty sure its a 3-Coil Dual Post, with in-built firing transistors. Connectors are Delphi Weather-Pack (I think). Should be 5 or so connections. GND, +12, and triggers for all three coils.

It's a GM. From a 3.1 or 3.8 liter V6. The baseplate is actually the ingnition module that fires the coils on a pulse train signal from the ECU. The coils can be removed by taking out the screw and pulling them up, that leaves you with a set of metal pins from the coils into the ignition module (or vice versa, I forget).

I would just toss it as the coils are not easy to hook up when removed from the ignition module and the module probably won't work without the factory ecu feeding it.

Good thing i didn't get it after all and nice info guys, i was just keeping you all on your toes hah. Well i was hopeing i could sell it to someone with Megasquirt or SDS cheap but oh well. I'll just have to settle with the r200 diff's and 300zx tubo i found!!