HybridZ

evap. and boost lines

ktown z

I was looking at my R32 service manuel on all the boost lines that come off the motor and spoke with alot of 240sx guys with rb25/26 swaps and they told me to just cap off the hard boost lines that go to the evap canister and turbo pressure control solenoid and just run off the wastegate springs and plumb those to the intake manifold. Do you guys think this is a good move? It eliminates all the confusion of those boost lines. Should I plumb in a manual boost controller to replace the turbo pressure control solenoid since I didn't get one or a evap. can. with my purchase? Also I'm getting the valve covers powder coated so where do I buy the spark plug cover name plate that says Skyline GTR on it?

The boost solenoid is used I believe in first gear to limit boost, if you disconnect it you get full boost in all gears. Next for boost control I ran a line from the turbo outlet to the wastegate. My car boosts just fine and runs great without all the extra snakey stuff Nissan installed on there.

So basically your routing should be:

Turbo outlet(or whatever place you want to use a vacume reference)

Next manual boost controller

Then waste gate

Be very carful about manual boostcontrollers, I used a turbo XS on which was manufactured without the internal regulating needle, so the waste gate never opened ! !! Talk about scary, it got chucked in the trash.

Here is the turbosmart one I am using and a schemeatic that worked for me

Boost Controller

Waste Gate

hope that helps !

Thanks! I was wondering why there was so many boost lines going crazy. On my boosted 350z I set it up so much easier. I'm gonna run the lines when my hks wastegate actuators come in. I just wanted to make sure the rb's ecu doesnt go crazy without the evap canister.

The RB's ecu is pretty tolerant im not running an evap can, idle air or abunch of extra crap on mine and she runs great other than the odd stumble now and again. What sort of boost are you going to run ? Im pushing 10psi right now and although still rich don't intend on running any more until I get and ecu and injectors.

The boost solenoid is used I believe in first gear to limit boost, if you disconnect it you get full boost in all gears. Next for boost control I ran a line from the turbo outlet to the wastegate. My car boosts just fine and runs great without all the extra snakey stuff Nissan installed on there.

when you say boost solenoid are you talking in reference to the same "boost sensor" on z31's?

I'm wondering if that boost sensor is actually for the "excess power" meter on my digital dash.