HybridZ

Mike C: Reider Racing LSD?

QWKDTSN

Hey mike... I have noticed you mention an LSD insert made by Reider Racing a few times. Have you spoken to them? When will they be available? Do you know how much? I'm just curious if they'll go in the Quaife range or something more reasonable.. even if they are up at like $600-700 I may just go with the Phantom Grip. Thanks!

They say they should have them by the end of May, but would not commint to pricing as the dollar/yen ratio changes. He said figure about $550. I should have bought one 2 years ago when I thought they were too expensive at $425 bonk.gif After reading more about the Phantom grip and knowing the troubles that high power users of the inserts for domestics have had, (the gearless locker, lock-rite, Power Trax, etc.) I would prefer replacing the ENTIRE case not just the guts with a clutch type setup. When I first investigated circa 1995, no one could tell me why the listing in the catalog was '82 only. That was when they switched to the 12mm ring gear bolts. I have no problems if I need to score a diff from an 82 or 83 as I want to get 3.90's anyhow. The 3.70 turbo rear is obviously the first choice as I like buying at used prices, but I have been looking on and off for 3 years with no luck. :mad: If they do get them, I'm pretty sure I'll bite the bullet. 2thumbs.gif BUT...If some of the V8 guys have good luck with the Phantom Grip, SCCA's deal is smokin' compared to the stack of $ for anything else.

• 2 years later...