HybridZ

Stroker Rebuild Questions

Kash

Currently rebuilding my 280zxt engine with a stroker crank. I'll be keeping my stock L28 rod and dish piston combination (read somewhere that a smaller crank to rod ratio is better for turbos). The problem is, this set-up leaves me with a 2mm positive deck height (piston above block deck by 2mm). Can I run this set-up with a 2.5mm head gasket without any issues or will I need a 2mm fly cut to keep the pistion at or below deck?

Last question, how do I know if I need to get the crank polished prior to install or should this alwasy be done when rebuilding? All crank surfaces look excellent except for one main surface that has a light circular like stain about 5mm in diameter that is not detectable to the touch. THANK!

Ken

I think you need to do some research on the subject. Have you?

There is a massive amount of info here that is simply a few keystrokes away. Search, read, absorb and apply. If you're still not sure you can ask a question but we're more inclined to take you and your question more seriously if its obvious that you've made an effort to help yourself first.

Cheers.

Simple answer is Yes you can run a positive deck height. A guy by the name of Bob Hanvey did a great right up a few years ago about strokers, I am fairly sure it is on Hybridz but if you can't find it here do a google search you should be able to find it. Oh yea it is several pages long and some very good reading.

Dragonfly