HybridZ

Suprise... T88 Corvette

510six

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted a couple of Porsche kill stories a few days ago, on the flip side you can`t win em all. I was traveling to a car show on the Cal central coast last spring , when I spotted a very clean early 70`s Corvette and decided to put a hurt on it with my 440 rwh T67 510. Well, my car did spool a bit faster to the tune of about 2-3 carlengths until the big T88 turbo started moving air, when the Corvette let off when it was about 10 lengths ahead on me ( which was pretty smart considering the amount of law enforcement on this Hwy). I followed the Corvette and found out it was in the car show. I didn`t feel so bad when I found out was what was in the Vette, T88 turbo , LT1 aftermarket block, AFR heads, FAST EFI, Jerico 5 speed with 835 rwh on race gas and 650 rwh on pump gas/ meth injection. The owner was even quite gracious saying " your 510 fared better than most 600cc sportsbikes".