HybridZ

LED Corner lamps Writeup

Mikey

I haven't replaced my bulbs with LEDs yet, but I did switch to an electronic flasher to hopefully reduce the current through the blinker switch. I just went to auto-zone and found one. Its only 2 prong in an L shape. $5.99 I think, plug and play. If I keep burning up the contacts in my blinker switch then I will switch to LED bulbs.

It looks like this one might fit:

http://superbrightleds.com/specs/CF12ANL-01.html

I just reached up under the dash, unplugged it, and carried it into the store with me to compare.

I haven't replaced my bulbs with LEDs yet, but I did switch to an electronic flasher to hopefully reduce the current through the blinker switch. I just went to auto-zone and found one. Its only 2 prong in an L shape. $5.99 I think, plug and play. If I keep burning up the contacts in my blinker switch then I will switch to LED bulbs.

It looks like this one might fit:

http://superbrightleds.com/specs/CF12ANL-01.html

I just reached up under the dash, unplugged it, and carried it into the store with me to compare.

Cool, I'm going to be driving past a auto-zone tonight after dinner anyways, guess I'll just swing in and see what they can do.

Well, picked up a solid state flasher unit and....no change. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't basically ANY current cause one of these suckers to flicker? If so, it's almost starting to look to my (less than knowledgeable) eye that the flasher unit isn't even in the circuit for some reason.

And of course, there isn't any room to crawl under the dash in my current parking spot, so it's going to be a day or two till I can even start to figure out wtf is up with my car :(