HybridZ

Fuel Tank Sending Unit Wiring hookup

Rod in NC

My 1974 260Z project car came without a fuel tank. Now that I have the fuel tank in place with the sending unit installed, I need to know which stud to hook the yellow and the black wires to on the sending unit. My guess is to hook the black wire to the stud that is on the face of the sending unit (ground), and hook the yellow wire to the stud that has a 'collar' around it. Can someone confirm which wire goes to which stud so I don't install the wires backwards? Thanks. -Rod

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, after looking closer at the sending unit, there is a 'G' next to the stud with the 'collar' around it, and an 'E' next to the stud that is mounted directly to the face of the sending unit. Any guesses on which wire goes on which post? It would be too easy to assume that 'G' is for ground, but I would like confirmation before I hook up the wires. If anybody is under their car this weekend, please take a peek at the sending unit and see which wires are hooked up to which stud on the sending unit. Thanks. -Rod

I'm not able to get out and look at my car right now but if I recall from trial and error on my own part, if you hook up the wires backwards you will read full on your gage when the tank is empty and vice versa. I do believe though that you are correct in your guess that the 'G' stands for ground.

Dragonfly