HybridZ

Need Help With Turbo Upgrade

Midnight-280Z

Hello everyone,

I'm going to be doing a turbo upgrade for my RB25DET while the engine is out and getting ready to get dropped in. My question is will the following turbo work on the STOCK turbo manifold without any issues like rubbing against anything or anyting else not related to tuning. I've searched and a lot of people are either running the GT2871R or the HKS 2540. haven't really found anything regarding the T3/T4 for the RB series.

Garrett T3/T4

TO4E Compressor Cover

TO4E 57 Trim Wheel

Watercooled center section

Stage 3 Turbine Wheel

.63 Turbine Housing

Internal Wastegate

360 thrust bearing and stepped gap piston ring

*Edit*

Ran into a problem already....the turbo which I will be purchasing from GPopShop has a standard Ford/Saab 5 bolt downpipe flange...So, now I need to find an adapter or flange so that the downpipe can be custom made....Any Ideas where I'll be able to find one?---NVM..Called GpopShop...They can do a V-Band so I can run a custom downpipe...

Please help me fast as I'm about to make the payment for the turbo.

Thanks again everyone

For what it's worth, I'm going to be running an Rb25det in my 260z. The turbo i decided on is a Holset HE-341 (also known as 2003-2004 HY-35). This is a slightly smaller version of the newer He-351 (2004.5- 2006 Hy-35). It's well sized for the engine, and has a nice 90* outlet. They are some of the best turbo's made as well reliability wise, and are available on dodge cummins forums for $200-300 shipped. i've got a couple of them actually.

Sorry i can't help with fitment, but i'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to fit the t3/t4. worst case senario, you have to buy a top mount Exhaust manifold. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-RB20DET-GTS-T-RB25DET-Turbo-Manifold-Top-Mount_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem390005868313QQitemZ390005868313QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories).

for $150 shipped.

Mark