HybridZ

Cant convince spark to stay

MJLamberson

What have you tried? If you read the posts, you are asking questions you get suggestions then no feedback. I know you are trying different things but what? First, Make sure your ECU gets voltage during Start (not just ig on). I think you did this, right? Try swapping the wires to the ignitor. Unplug the tach at the resistor. Doing both worked for me. If I re-connected the resistor wire the engine would die. I ran a new wire from the negative side of the coil to the tach resistor and it has been good times ever since. I had this same problem a month ago after researching and reading on many sites for several months. This was nowhere.

Just a quick note here. The yellow wire from plug 2 to the ignition switch starter wire tells the ecu to richen the mixture because you are trying to start the car. I had accidentally wired this to a constant hot when on wire and it caused the car to always run rich and never go into closed loop mode.

If the coil is getting hot then it sounds like the wires to the igniter are backwards and the coil is getting power all the time because the igniter is always on.