HybridZ

Hazards and Turn Signals (Again)

Another round of testing results in nothing.

1. All bulbs are good.

2. Hazard lights work.

3. Bypassed Hazard switch to give power to turn signal switch in column.

4. Both flasher units are good.

5. Column switch (middle green wire) has power in neutral position.

6. Column switch (middle green wire) loses power when selecting either turn signal.

Doc, do you know where the middle wire (solid green wire on my 77) on the plug side of the hazard switch gets it switched/ignition power from? The fuse box? I tried to trace mine just now and I couldn't find where it goes to... This green wire is used to power the turn signals when the hazard switch is in the OFF position sending power thru the hazard switch then thru the turn signal flasher to the turn signal unit in the column. This wire on my setup gets NO power atm... There is 1 solid green wire in the fuse box, but the OHM test failed unless the wire is bad between the fuse box and hazard plug....

Thanks in advance

You can trace it yourself using the diagram I posted on the first page of this thread. Here's the link again. It goes to the fuse box, then to a relay, and finally to the ignition switch. I would suspect you have a connector problem; check for corrosion, or a spade connector that has backed out of a connector.

SOLVED !

I traced the middle green wire from the hazard plug back to the black plug that sits over the transmission tunnel. Guess what I found...... NOTHING. There was no wire connector on the other side of the black plug to give it power. I added a connector to it and ran it to IGN power. VOILA, turn signal lights !!! Why there was no wire connector on the black plug is one of them 30 year old mysteries :confused:

Now time to find out why I have no reverse lights........

Thanks Doc !