HybridZ

PLZ help for my 78 280z fuel problem

emaster

Okay, recently got an aftermarket fuel pump for my 280z, I installed it and it turned on, now when I put the key into the on position nothing happens, and I took off the hose that goes from the fuel filter to the injectors and nothing came out, I left the hose off and cranked the engine and still nothing came out, and the pump never turned on.

My question is, Is it possible that a screen inside the tank of the engine got clogged and is preventing the fuel pump from getting any fuel, and thats why I dont hear it turn on?

Was the car running before you changed fuel pumps??

I'm going to guess no, and I am also going to guess that the old fuel pump wasn't pumping either, and I am going to guess that something is up with your fuel pump relay. This problem could be with the relay, it could be with a wire, or it could be in your AFM.

Do yourself a favor and look up "EFI Bible." It contains all the answers you seek. google xenons30 if you can't find it here.