HybridZ

KA24e Z31 turbo install

jerryb

I know its not Z related but Im all worked up......Its running....my budget 89 turbo upgraded KA24e SX.

Stock block with emissions removed, log manifold,Z31 turbo , arc BOV, home made down pipe, 2.5 inch home made exhaust......no engine management...no intercooler.

Starts OK but needs help to keep the revs up for a minute until it warms up, then it idles perfectly at 700. Revs right to red line and backfires very little at let off. SOUNDS GREAT.

The Nissan techs tell me the stock ECU is good for about 6PSI before the fuel starts to run out. I have an old emanage that I may install for some trickery and have a 92 STANZ ECU on its way that will give me OBD1 capability. I also have an old adjustable FPR that I will install for increased injector pressure/flow.

All comments welcome!

IMG00106.jpg

IMG00107.jpg

IMG00108.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pics...cell phone!

An extra bung is already welded to the downpipe for a wideband...I just need to find a cheap one.

I have a couple of used intercoolers...I still have lots of time before spring, just need to modiy them for 2.5 inch tubing. One is a small but thick compact unit that fits very well horizontaly into the front well..well ahead of the tire. I think its from a SR or perhaps a Syline...the other is a Tbird unit that would need to go up front...buts its pretty heavy.

This particular tech is reliable...but I hear ya.

175 would be great....perhaps with an intercooler and some boost 200 would be possible?

Thanx.

Jerry - Don't rely on Nissan Techs...without an intercooler, your best friend here is a Wideband to know exactly how things are running.

Looks great and I am sure 175whp is very attainable at 6psi.

Regards - Yasin