HybridZ

Datsuns in Video games.

Devil-Z

In Sega GT for the Dreamcast, there was a mode that allowed you to build your own car from scratch, choosing engine type, location in the chassis, and drive-wheel configuration. The bodies you could choose from were given arbitrary names, but one of them was clearly modeled after the S30Z.

All the Tokyo Extreme Racer games had the Z from Wangan Midnight as the final boss, sometimes it wouldn't come out until you beat every other car in the game. This was a problem in TXR 3, since a translation glitch prevented you from getting enough credits for one of the optional cars to come out and race.

Auto Modelista from Capcom also had a pretty awesome S30 in it. That was a very underrated arcade style racer from Capcom. People are pretty much just giving it away at this point, so if you can find it for cheap to free, pick it up. I liked it.

All the Tokyo Extreme Racer games had the Z from Wangan Midnight as the final boss, sometimes it wouldn't come out until you beat every other car in the game. This was a problem in TXR 3, since a translation glitch prevented you from getting enough credits for one of the optional cars to come out and race.

Actually, the Wangan Z was the boss of TXR Zero, but not TXR 3. I never beat TXR 1 and 2, so I don't know about them.

Actually, the Wangan Z was the boss of TXR Zero, but not TXR 3. I never beat TXR 1 and 2, so I don't know about them.

My understanding of the "secret" Devil Z boss in TXR 3 is if you defeat all the wanderers in TXR 3, the Devil Z comes out. This only happens in the US version if you have a gameshark (or similar device) that allows you to artificially give yourself 100,000,000 credits as a pre-requisite for one of the wanderer cars. Due to a translation glitch, you can only acquire 999,999,997 credits in the US version by playing the game straight. I don't own one of these, and have beaten every car except this last one. I've played both the dreamcast and Playstation versions of TXR 1 and 2, and the Devil Z is the boss in those as well.