HybridZ

Tranny kaput

Wstepler

Well my CR tranny went out this weekend. On the upside it kept me from entering the state of Oklahoma but on the downside it means I am in the market for a new tranny. I like the CR 5spd but it just seems to be missing something on the low end. I am running it with a 3.70 rear end and while gas mileage good in first it's somewhat of a pig. My current setup is as follows:

Block:

Fresh F54 with High pressure/volume oil pump

1mm HKS Headgasket

Cooling:

4 Row Radiator

76.5 Thermo (the 82 was to hot for Texas)

Intake:

CAI

Port-matched & Polished Intake Manifold

New AFM

Headwork:

Polished & swirled valves (not sure if it helped but hey they were the same price as the stock)

5 angle valve job

Comp Valve Springs

Schneider Cam .480 lift 274 dur

Drivetrain:

Lightweight flywheel

Centerforce II clutch

Aluminium Driveshaft

5spd(FS5C71B) other option is F4W71B

3.7 R200 rearend (NOS BABY :-D)

Tire size 225/ 50 16

I know changing out the rear would produce better results for getting power to the ground but with the current setup does anybody have any other ideas for trannys? I wouldn't be opposed to trying a different gearing but money is somewhat short right now so going to full custom tranny is not an option.

A decently built WC T-5 should hold up just fine. There are lots of options for them so you should be able to tailor build it to suit your needs. Prices depend on what you put into it but you should be able to put one together for well under 1k if you find a cheap donor trans.

But I am from Oklahoma, so take what you want from it :)