HybridZ

T56 with GM transverse bellhousing pattern

Guest Will

Is there a bellhousing which will mate a production T56 to a transverse GM engine such as the V6/60, 3800 supercharged, Cadillac Northstar or 4.9?

I know that the aftermarket T56 can bolt to 4 speed bellhousings and T5 bellhousings (if tilted), but I'd rather not go with the aftermarket T56; AFAIK, it's rarer and more expensive than the production version.

Project: Cadillac N* or 4.9 in a '73 triumph stag

Possibly a Turbo 3.4 DOHC in a Z later.

The 3800 is a BOP pattern and I think you can get an adapter plate to use a chevy bellhousing on it. As far as the 60 degree motors (2.8/3.4) and the Northstar, they are all the same pattern but I don't think any bellhousings are available. That and you are stuck with a TINY clutch. Check with McLeod as they have some scattershields that are drilled for several different patterns and in a universal GM case pattern or check with Advance Adapters on a Chevy to BOP adapter. FWIW, PAW is a McLeod dealer. Lakewood may make something as well, but they don't seem to have as many combinations.