HybridZ

Idle Air Control Stepper Does Not Move

SidWell

MSII V3 board. V2.88 code. I purchased an IAC that is designed to fit into a 4.0L Jeep Cherokee inline 6 engine. After ohming out the connector, I found pin 1 & 4 were one coil and pins 2 & 3 were the other coil pair. I have tried IAC moving only and IAC always on settings but the stepper never moves. I have looked at the circuits thru an O'scope and found pins 1 & 2 were square waves driving the coils and pins 3 & 4 were close to ground. I have tried reversing pins 1 & 4 and pins 2 & 3 with still no motion. Is there another point in the config I am missing?

It is not exactly working yet. I ordered a new harness from DIY. It has arrived, but unfortunately, I have been out of town since the middle of last week. I may get to look at the harness on Tuesday. It will be a while before I can start on the IAC again.

Thanks on the FI setup.

You might want to look at the MSII/Extra code. The "pre-beta" 2.1.0 code has significant improvements to the IAC code and he (Ken) should be releasing a new version any day now. FWIW, I'm running with a Bosch 3 wire IAC valve and am very happy with it. I had wanted to go the route you took, but couldn't find one cheap, and then found the Bosch on ebay for about $20.

There are a lot of other nice features in the Extra code as well.

I believe it does support EDIS. Here's a screen shot of one of the ignition setup pages.

FYI, I'm not trying to convince you to go the Extra code, just suggesting you should look at it since it appears to have more emphasis on IAC. That plus the larger tables was what originally convinced me to switch.

Keep in mind that it is a branch off the main code base and hence there are less developers working on it. But I've been on it since early last summer and have been quite happy with it.

Here's the main forum for Extra: http://www.msextra.com/index.php

Capture12-9-2008-4.01.59 PM_thumb.jpg