HybridZ

EDIS V MSD 6a with dizzy

Clifton

I think I'm done with SDS. I already have a good coil and MSD 6a. It would be easier to keep it and go with a 83' dizzy with MS. I wouldn't have to pull the damper and mod it. Any reason not to keep this over the edis/ wastespark? I know it works good as I run it on another car but I have not seen any posts on comparing the two on MS.

I can't really think of a good reason to go EDIS since you already have the setup for 83 dizzy and MSD. I suppose you will get a little more jitter in the spark timing with the dizzy, but for all practical purposes I say save some money/time and stay with what you have. That makes for an easy straight forward megasquirt intall, at least in theory :mrgreen:

Thanks Moby. I actually have a 77 dizzy. If it is just as easy to hook up, I won't go edis. It's alot easy not pulling the damper off and fabbing the trigger/wheel mount.

The '77 dizzy can trigger MS, you have to lock it down and include the VR circuit on the MS board.