HybridZ

Pulled my R200

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well folks I just thought I'd post to you guys and tell you what happened to my R200. Mind you this is the 2nd one I have pulled in a year. :-) I'm getting quite good at it if I do say so!! haha.

Anyways, Got it out and pulled the cover to find that indeed the spider pin was just slapping around in there very very loosely! Hard to imagine such a small thing like that could cause such a loud THUD!! But my 84 Turbo R200 should hold up better combined with a little lighter foot on my part!!

The rest of the rear end was fine though. Not bad for 300lb-ft x ~3.00 first gear x 3.54 rear end. :-)

Eventually big power will tear up all of the single track r200's. When that right rear spins like crazy and the left just sits there, them little spider gears are whirring like a top. This causes heat buildup in the gears themselves and wears grooves into the cross shaft pin as well as possibly working its way loose from vibration. Glad you've got another to get it back together, but would definitely be keeping your eyes open for an LSD.