HybridZ

Noob starter question easy and simple!

beebeecivic

Alright I was wondering if the battery's negative is suppose to be attached to the starter (where the bolt holds the starter to the car)

also

I was missing the connector from the igintion switch. so my friend who owns a 280zx parts car gave me the connector from that car. My question is anyone know what the green yellow wire is for? Thank you! In my Z there are no green yellow (4 wires) and the 280zx has 5

thank you!

Missing the start lead off the ignition? That's interesting. What year/model is your Z?

Yes the battery negative does attach to the top starter mounting bolt to serve as a ground.

its a 78z

When i got the car the bolt from the starter was loose and the negative terminal wire was detached. So i assumed it went there.

the reason why the connector was missing is because the previous owner's son (crack head) tried stealing the car and he thought that if he could hot wire the car. So he cut the connector off and yea its missing

Oh wait...are we talking the connector on the back of the ignition switch?