HybridZ

What RB20 mount options are available these days?

Mycarispurty

I am looking around at RB mounts for S30s and have only found information on the net on 2. McKinney Motorsports of course, and then one other shop I can't remember the name of off hand, but they make mounts to put about any engine in anything.

I don't really want to pay $500+ just to get a motor in the car and didn't see any prices on the other site's page. Just curious what mount companys people are using these days so I can hopefully find an affordable set of mounts.

Go to the thread labeled "260Z + RB25DET S2 motor = badazz 260ZR and some ?'s " He's using Rick Wong mounts. He also posted the thread on it. have you tried using the Search function? you can try www.daftinnovations.com the owner's name is Rich...he's doing CNC custom mounts for my RB25 right now and he was thinking about possibly making more for the future. Not sure how much it's going to cost or if he will make it, but I will be having the first set made.

• 3 weeks later...

Might want to make sure the stick shift will line up properly in the floor opening or you will have to kiss the center console gooood bye.

I would get some pics of what the motor looks like using the Skyline mounts. You may not like what you see. If you plan on running A/C then make sure that will fit also.

The engine sits a bit further forward, and yes, the shifter is not in the same place. I had to cut the center console at the cross member forward of the normal shifter location in order to clear the RB20 shifter. I didnt mind that so much as fabbing new mounts. Getting it into 5th gear is a bit of a reach, but I have long arms :)