HybridZ

More testing

Hey guys,

Wanted to let evryone know I posted some of our test runs on youtube. You can go to www.youtube.com and search for jnjdragracing. I have not had time to update my webisite.

Our last outing on 12/13 was at Darlington dragway. Car still lifting up, we tightened the front limiters all the way and did not help. Just made for a rough landing.

On one of the videos you will see the suspension working its A$% off. On our gas foot pedal we have a holster like thing on it. It is made to hold your foot on the gas pedal so you can lift back on it in case the throttle sticks due to frost on the birdcather butter flies. The car took off crooked and Jerry had to let out of it and the front end came down had and it looks like a bull frog jumping....

On another pass some how Jerry went to neutral and went against the rev limiter and I tell you what boost, alky and the rev limiter is not a good mix. Had quite of an explosion out of the exhaust.

Motor did not sound to good after that like a dead cylinder. Back at the shop did a compresion test and found a very week cylinder after more testing had a intake valve not seating. Pulled engine and tore it down.

I must be living right, checked out my bearings and had a rod bearing fixing to go....

Come to find out after the fact that I need to be running 50W - 70W motor oil. I was running 10w30 since I have to change it out after my passes due to water / condensation and alky in the oil.

You live and learn.

John

Never heard of the 50W-70W advice.

In blown alky motors I use aluminum rods with pinned rod bearings. I think you'll have better luck running aluminum rods if you are not already. The lifespan of blown alky motors is not very long and matches aluminum rods very vell.

Are you still running wet sump? If so then you need to change oil every couple of passes, not just every race session. Go to a dry sump system and with 13 to 20 quart capacity and you will see less bearing problems.

From the vid it looks like your still very rich.