HybridZ

New LSD from Reider Racing

Mike C

Well, they are in and I have parted with $550 of my hard earned dollars.

The only application they had was the 12mm.

I am going to try and get some bushings for my 10mm ring gear and bolts, but if that doesn't pan out I'll just pony up the $ for a 12mm 3.90 diff.

I'll try to post some pics of the setup when I get it done. Should be here in 3 business days they said. This gives on the option of running either 10 or

12mm ring gear bolts if the bushings pan out. This is the same LSD in the motorsport catalog for $750, but not as cheap as most guys running the 300 diff.

Uh oh, now I've got a real dilemma on my hands.... LSD or front brake upgrade..? I'm going to email Reider Racing and see how many units they've got in stock... I have a 3.90 gearset right now... god, I hope my freeway RPMs won't be too crazy..... cry2.gif

Well, Your dilemma is solved. Reider called me back and said they were SOLD OUT!!!!!! WTF? After pestering them for 6 months I was close... Anyhow, they said 4 more months!? I think I am going to follow up on this front diff thing closer. Does the 200sx have the long pinion? I prefer to use the housing the pinion comes in and just swap diffs so that only backspacing needs to be checked and adjusted. Actually, the wrecking yard I use doesn't have any 200SX, but quite a few ZX. I have a call into the commercial machine shop I use sometimes on the cost of some bushings. :mad: SOB I'm peeved about the LSD thing, but I REFUSE to spend $750+ for a limited slip. At that point, money is no object and I'll by the blankety-blank Quaiffe. 2thumbs.gif