HybridZ

Paint Ideas for Front Spoiler

S130Z

I have a 83 ZX that I just purchased a front spoiler for and I need to get it painted. My only problem is my budget. Like a lot of people I am trying to get this painted as cheap as possible. My budget is around $50 dollars. My car's paint is not in the best shape so the spoiler does not need to look emaculate. I have checked a lot of local paint and body shops for prices and they all are in the $200 range. This is too much for me and I am thinking of spraying it myself. I figure I will buy a few cans and prep/prime it and then rattle can. I have been searching for paint stores that can get the original color, whitch is Nugget Gold code 101, but all the stores I have found are charging about $25 can. The spoiler is FG and gelcoated. I am wondering if anyone knows of a good paint supply store that has anything for a better price. All help is appreciated.

Also, is there any secrets to preping gel coat? ( I have viewed a few boat forums and have not found much info on gelcoat prep.)

Thanks,

Adam