HybridZ

my t-5 installation quest+ couple qs

Guest Paul Felker

Guest Paul Felker

hello everyone, heres part 2, the parts gathering and installation!! OK first i pull the automatic and find the input shaft snapped off, oh well, i took off the flexplate and put the fly wheel on and the hole in the center of the fly wheel is bigger than the center of the crank. so i bolted it up and it seemed go in the center of the crank so it seems centerd evenly on the crank, so is this something i need to wory about? next is the flywheel pins, when i had the fly wheel resurfaced they could only get two of the three of the pins out and they groud down the last one flush with the flywheel is that going to throw things off or will it be ok? last problem i have so far(im sure at this rate ill have more) is the input shaft bushing (the one that goes in the center of the crank) it was too big to fit in the center of the crank so i sanded it down to fit and now it fits with no play but i can push it all the way to the back of the crank, there wasn't any gook or krud in there for it not to go in there in the first place but it was the only one i could find to fit on the input shaft so thats why i sanded this one down, so what im asking is are any of these differences going to cause me any problems????? your questions and comments and ideas are always welcome, THANK YOU hail.gif

I hate to tell you this, but you need to take it back down again.

The automatics had a spacer plate pressed on the end of the crank - that is why the flywheel didn't snug on. Take off the clutch and the flywheel and pry off the spacer plate. I'd be willing to bet $$ that your pilot bushing is loose inside the crank end, so get a new one and tap it in.

AMAF, you probably should consider getting the clutch dowel in the flywheel replaced before bolting it back in. 3 pins is definitely the magic number when centering a clutch on the flywheel. You certainly don't want that thing vibrating loose on you.

Good luck to you - I can say the first time I attempted the auto-manual conversion I was thrown for a loop on that stupid crank end plate. bonk.gif

Guest Paul Felker

thanks sleeper, i pulled a spacer off the front of the flex plate it had the 6 holes in it and is about 1/16 of an inch thick. how thick is the one your talking about? basiclly what i'm talking about is the inner diamaiter of the flywheel is not the same as the crank like it was on the automatic flex plate. i placed the pressure plate on the flywheel just to see how it would line up and it seemed fine. the only thing i have put on is the flywheel so ill check tommarrow on the spacer you are talking about.

Guest Paul Felker

sleeper you were totally right!!!!! i took the fly wheel off and found the spacer that you were talking about. and i went and got a new pilot bushing and it fit too. in not going to worry about the allignment pin the clutch went on with on problems. so thanks dude, i sure am glad i put this post up!!!!