HybridZ

ok now part 3 of the T-5 transmission install!!!

Guest Paul Felker

Guest Paul Felker

first of all id like to thank sleeperz for his input. now i have the flywheel on correctlly and the clutch is on, its the turbo clutch and flywheel. i also have the trans up in place and bolted to the motor all nice and tight. now my next problem is the trans crossmember what the hell do i do about this??? they don't line up at all. what have you guys done about this im stuck again bonk.gif !!!! i took the drive shaft in to be cut down 1inch and the regular diff flange put on the turbo drive shaft. the reason im going to do it this way is the turbo diff flange i ordered is back ordered at least 2 weeks and the price was pretty steep at $147.00 for a stupid flange, so im going to have the drive shaft made the way i explained, so do you guys thing it will be ok? well thanks again and ill post back later with more good results, rolleyesg.gifrolleyesg.gifrolleyesg.gif hopefully rolleyesg.gifrolleyesg.gif

I used the trans crossmember from the ZX turbo - it comes close to fitting. The best solution to making it fit is to cut it and reweld about an inch offset into it. I went ghetto (I'm not a welder) and slotted the trans mount and the trans each about 1/2" and made it fit.

You should be ok with the flange. I retained the flange on my R200, and had a custom driveshaft made.

Originally posted by SleeperZ:

I used the trans crossmember from the ZX turbo - it comes close to fitting. The best solution to making it fit is to cut it and reweld about an inch offset into it. I went ghetto (I'm not a welder) and slotted the trans mount and the trans each about 1/2" and made it fit.

You should be ok with the flange. I retained the flange on my R200, and had a custom driveshaft made.

I did the same thing SleeperZ did except more ghetto.... I cut the ends of both the ZX and the 240Z of the crossmember. Well... not I but Jon (jumbo240z) welded the 240Z ends to the zx crossmember then he reinforeced it with thick sheet metal on top and bottom were he weld it. Actually now it's even stronger then stock.