HybridZ

Twice pipes with a Monza header?

Empire

Has anyone tried fitting the MSA twice pipe system with an old Monza 3-2 header? My car is being built with budget in mind and trying to use as much as what I got with the car as I can. This includes an old Monza header. It's rusty and has a small dent near the collector (which appears to be rusted on), but looks similar to the MSA header. If I could save the part with sandblasting/hi temp paint and reuse it, that would be great. Trying to save myself the few hunded $ it would cost for the MSA header as well.

Does the monza header have a Y pipe that unifies the two collectors into one? if so, then it will all come down to the size and placement of that unified collector.

I ordered a twice pipes kit from MSA a couple years back. We had an old MSA 3-2 header that I planned on using, but it was missing the Y pipe. MSA sold us the twice pipes system and the Y pipe; it slips onto the header piece great. I have wondered/suspected if the monza and MSA 3-2 headers were the same, but it would take some detailed comparison to determine. IF you get the pieces and they aren't quite the same, chances are pretty good you could still take the whole shebang to a muffler shop and have them put it together on your car for around $100.