HybridZ

Started My 2nd V8 S30...Project-Mongoose

V8INtheZ

Bought a super rust free early 260z a couple months ago. I have been busy buying parts and installing the new engine. Im rocking a T5 manual, an 89' High Output 5.0L with the EFI.

The oil pan is behind the front crossmember, the stock EFI manifold fist under the hood, and the headers clear the steering shaft.

In about another year, the engine will come back out, get rebuilt with AFR heads with about 400 HP/TQ. The transmission will be replaced with a Tremeck TKO 600, I will also strip and paint the car blue.

I will post pictures soon and I would like to hear your suggestions.

Got a new harness from Fordfuelinjection.com, only $480 shipped. They use only the sensors needed to run the engine, all new Ford connectors all cut to the right length. They said to just plug in all the sensors, hook up one key hot, one power, and one ground and start the engine up. Takes car of most of the electrical bugs using a new harness.

Sounds good, I am currently parting out an 82 ZXT, but keeping the swastica wheels/tires, the R-200 rear end, the racing seats, and the aftermarket steering wheel with adapter for my next project.

I also plan on doing a late 80s,/early 90s 302 and T-5 but going the carb route for simplification. I also wan't to get it running right, then pull it for the AFR heads and roller rockers like described in that Car Craft article about the 405HP carbed 302 when money allows.

Keep us all informed and inspired with updates, and pics, pics, pics.