HybridZ

SS headers?

Anyone make stainless steel headers for a 240z/ls1/t56 combo?

With a search, you will find that there is really only one place that you can buy headers for an LS1 240Z. Try a search, shoot the company an Email to see what they make their headers out of. That would be my suggestion. My guess is they're using mild steel, I would think that Stainless would cost a lot more then what they're selling them for.

With a search, you will find that there is really only one place that you can buy headers for an LS1 240Z. Try a search, shoot the company an Email to see what they make their headers out of. That would be my suggestion. My guess is they're using mild steel, I would think that Stainless would cost a lot more then what they're selling them for.

I did search. JCI and JTR make headers however they are both mild steel with the option of having them ceramic coated. I was wondering if anyone was aware of a company that currently produced ss headers for the 240z/ls1. Id rather pay a little more for ss and not have the headers rust and rot on me.

Then I would say no. And I think its highly unlikely that your headers would rust and rot out on you. I'm sure there are guys on the board who can vouch for the quality of mild steel headers that they've bought years ago. Maybe you could look into custom header fabricator and see if they're willing to do it.