HybridZ

rb25det in sacramento need help

voltron_boi

hi anyone from Sacramento California know where i can take my 1975 datsun 280z with rb25det swap to diagnose. i want to get a list of shop, so i can take my car in and see if they can find the problem im having with the z. the car starts and everything, but it seem like theirs a mixture of electric problem. for some reason, my volts gauge will jump if my autometer tach work, but for a good 3-5 sec, then tach will drop back down. it will repeat itself constantly over and over. i took the car out for a spin, and it shutter if i get it a full throttle. anyone, had this kind of problem before, that can maybe help me before i take my ride in for a diagnose??

Im not sure who you would take it to right off hand to be honest. There are several shops that deal with Z's and several shops that deal with the RB in the greater Sac area. The only shop I would take it to is these people:

http://www.zcargarage.com/

The are in San Jose. Its a bit of a drive(or tow), and he's not the cheapest. He is one of the best shops to take your Z to in all of Northern Cali that I know of. At least when it comes to RB's and Zs in the same sentence. I would at least give Rob a call and give him your situation. He might be able to give you some advice.