HybridZ

4l60e shift problems

Jeremy82zx

Ok i know this isnt Z related but i need my DD back. I am having problems shifting in my 93 s10. 1-2 shift is fine but it slip out of 2nd unless im at WOT or at about 1/4 throttle, it wont shift out of 2nd either. I have replaced the transmission, the torque converter, the pcm, and the TPS. The speedometer works so i dont think it is the VSS. I'm stumped fellas i need help.

Thanks,

Jeremy

I passed your question by my old man real quick. We had a question and an insight or two.

You said that you replaced the transmission, but where did you get the replacement from? Sounds like the 3-4 clutches are fried (explains the loss of 3rd and OD) which is quite common with the 4L60. If you replaced the transmission with one from a junkyard it's possible you got one that had the same problem. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Any reputable transmission shop should be able to diagnose it correctly for you.

I got the rebuilt transmission from a guy on ebay that says he rebuilds transmissions for a living. But before i put in this rebuilt transmission i put in one that my dad junked a few years ago because of a seal leaking that i fixed. It did the exact same thing.