HybridZ

automatic trans problems please help fast

Guest 400 ci 280z

Guest 400 ci 280z

i know this has nothing to do with z cars but i have a problem with my 94 bronco. when ever i go 70-8- mph for extended periods it starts shifting hard when i slow back down. it has done this a couple of times and i just add some fluid and it goes away. my question is does anyone know why it is doing this or how to take care of it? another thing is that i have this foil and fiberglass insilation around electronics. the thing is that from where the dip stick has rubbed against it it has torn and looks like i might have gotten that in there. i just hope someone can help thanks.

chris

Guest Anonymous

If your having to add fluid, the question I'd ask myself is where is it going? Is it leaking it, or burning it, or is it going into the radiator through a bad cooler tank? Those are questions that once answered will probably fix the problem if its a result of low fluid.

Regards,

Lone

Guest 400 ci 280z

it has not leaked any so i think it may be burning it but i am not sure. i have not had a chance to look at it. has this happened to anyone eelse? thanks

I have a 90 Bronco, and may share some of the gremilins that are plaguing your Bronco. If you notice hard shifts at speeds above 70 MPH, and don't readily observe leaks around the transmission -- check the cooler lines running from the tranny to the radiator. Keep in mind that transmissions build up fluid pressure commensurate to load (speed). They are prone to leaks around these areas. Also, at highway speeds, areodynamics and fluid dynamics play a function as well; leaks at key areas could be caught in the negative pressure slipstream underneath the vehicle and carry away any particulates that may accumulate on the undercarriage. If you do not observe any leaks around the coolant lines, look around the tail shaft housing, front transmission seal, tranny pan, and other areas that are not intergral to the tranny caseing. If you still do not observe leaking, then follow Lone's guidance concerning the burning problem. I place my 2-bits on a leak.

BTW -- did you get my pics Iemailed you on the T/A shaker scoop adapter?

Grog

Guest 400 ci 280z

i have not gotten the pics grog, but it doesnt matter how long it takes because i am working on my truck right now. i can not find any leaks at all under the car. it does not shift hard and high speeds it is just 1st to second and a light jolt into third. i dont know if you have that heat protector on your bronco but mine is shreaded and looks like it might have droped pieces into the trans. think i should have it flushed and see if it helps? my guess is that it must be burning the fluid because i can not find signs of leaks. how would i fix this problem? thanks a lot for the help guys.

chris

Guest 400 ci 280z

well, at lunch today i ran to autozone to ask them a question, but they could not help. anyway when i left it just started to shift as smooth as possible. i did not add anything to it it just stopped. i was just going to tell you guys that it just stopped and i am going to look at it to figure out why it just stopped. thanks again guys for trying to help me out. cheers.gif

chris