HybridZ

240Z invited to this years Amelia Island Concours

hls30.com

This year there will be a Z in the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance.

It is a 1973 Rally car built by Peter Brock and beautifully restored by its current owner, and no stranger to Z cars, Mr. Carl Beck.

Carl's car was featured in the September 2008 issue of Classic Matorsports Magazine, and the Photos were taken by Mr. Peter Brock!

If you are in a quandry over what do do the weekend of March 13-15, the 2009 Amelia Island Concours will be going on!

The guys on ClassicZcars are trying to get the Amelia Island parkway leading up to the Ritz Carleton lined with Zs in the wee hours of the morning of show(Sunday march 15th). We will be meeting at Pavilion #5 on Little Talbot Island on Saturday to have an impromptu Z show, and plan for Sunday morning, so If you are in the area, come on over.

Here is the thread :

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29743&page=3

Will

Which/what would you drive up?

Having a couple cars allows the flexibility of your mood that day...lets wait and see.

I think this sounds like a great idea and should be alot of fun. I have no-fear that if there's a shot you will capture it.

R.

Rog,

Nice to have yours to choose from!

For the rest of you,

Here is a great chance to gt together with other Z guys, and see a world class Car show-arguably the best in the country. Last year several people who attended(as Spectators, Entrants, and Honored Guests) Pebble Beach said that Amelia Island was organized and carried out better, and was far more enjoyable!

As an added bonus, If you act before midnight March 12th, and bring $20, you can attend a panel talk Titled "The Great Customizers" featuring Chip Foose, George Barris, Dean Jeffries, Darryl Starbird, Steve Pasteiner & Gene Winfield!!!

The talk will be given Friday March 13th from 3-4:30. Talk about guys who are "Unstockafied"! It is almost like they saw HybridZ comming-obviously in the rear view mirror-briefly!

I'll be taping the talk, and hopefully posting some of the video.

For a peek at some of the cars (NoZs) that were there last year, look here: http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3482

From Stanley Steamers to an Air plane inspired Porche by Ferdinand himself! They were there! The thread holds 155 pictures out of the 700 I took last year!

Will