HybridZ

adjusting idle with IAC

SidWell

MT 2.25p3 v2.88

I have been trying to set my idle with my IAC stepper motor. I have a Dark Star IAC body. Idle Control Start Value is 160, Crank Position extend is 100 steps. I have been trying to adjust the idle speed when the engine is warm. I have varied the idle steps at 160 degrees from 10 to 200. All with no visible change. Should I be looking somewhere else to adjust the idle speed when the engine is warm?

I have confirmed that the stepper does bottom out at initial reset and then backs off to allow air to flow.

MS 2.25 p3 MSII Rev 2.668 V3 main board.

Today I found that it takes 210 steps to fully close my IAC. Full open is 120 steps. Further opening will not increase air flow thru the IAC body. I am using the jeeps stepper motor and the Dark Star IAC body. The stepper motor does not seem to close as the engine warms. I have adjusted the IAC steps at 130 and 160 degrees from 5 to 220 steps and saw no change in the idle speed. I have jumpered the two current limiting resistors, I have changed my minimum step count from 1 to 5. I have increased my pulse width to 4.0 msec.

I can put my thumb over the intake side and the engine idle drops to about 500 RPM. This tells me that the stepper is not closing fully. What adjustment should I use to try and run the stepper motor? I was trying to use the Idle Steps tool in Other Tuning.

Is it possible that I have the flow direction backwards? The air flow should push against the pindle correct? Which direction is the air flow thru a Dark Star IAC body?