HybridZ

streetfighter tranny

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Has anyone out there tried the streetfighter trannys by tci? I like how you are able to manually shift the vehicle without using a clutch or anything but when on the street and not the track you can have it as an auto tranny...what other trannys do this or is this just the streetfighters that do this if not what is the difference...also lastly they make a th-700-r4 and a th-350 and th-400 which would fit best in the 240...and I guess would this type of transmission be a good idea or should I just scrap the idea and stick to a bw t-5 manual tranny? thanks for the info. -Kyle

That's typical of a modified valve body in a muscle car trans. It just holds in gear until you want it to shift. It is a manual/auto valve body. A full manual valve body means that regardless of rpm, the trans will be in whatever gear you put the shifter in. You can actually start off in 3rd gear if you aren't careful which is hard on the trans. It will NEVER shift on its own. The manual auto valve body gives you the option of manual up-shift control (it will put itself back in low gear automatically at say a stop sign)or fully automatic control, ie just leave the shifter in D and go.

Guest Anonymous

TCI's Streetfighter is a good solid trans for performance use. I don't believe they make a full manual 700-4R though. Since the TH350 and 400 don't have overdrive, rpm levels at highway speeds might be a bit much; but they have the option of a wide-ratio gearset. B&M, GER and Art Carr also build good transmissions. You might look at the TH200-R4 as well as it's smaller and lighter than a 700-4R with a closer ratio spread.