HybridZ

EFI or Triple Carbs

jays280zx

Hi, at the end of last summer i bought a 1981 280zx.

This summer i was planning on rebuilding the engine but keeping it N/A so that i dont have to rebuild the engine often. Yet, i was wanting to ask. . . which would get me more reliable rwhp and torque? EFI or Tripple Carbs. Im looking on getting some where close to 200rwhp and 200rwtq. Are these numbers attainable with an N/A setup?

Thanks for you help on my first z build.:burnout:

You should be able to come pretty close to your HP and TQ goals with either carbs or FI and once set up, both can be reliable. I'd recommend you spend some time searching as this has been discussed countless times and there are plenty of threads where people have documented their builds and the issues they had to overcome.

Why are EFI and Triple Two Barrel Throttle Bodies mutually exclusive?

Why not Triple EFI Throttle Bodies?

I've seen a few on this site, but they all require skills and tools that most of us don't have.

Lonewolf is the only solutions I've seen available for purchase and they're not cheap, although they are beautifully done.

http://www.lonewolfperformance.com/nissan.htm

Get's me started on "bang for the buck" thinking and LS1s ...

But we digress from the OP's question - SEARCH is your friend.

I still am trying to figure out where 'having to rebuild the engine often' comes from... Most stock turbos are in the power range he wants unintercooled and at 10psi of boost....and they run for 300-400K miles without needing an overhaul.

I mean, for that HP level, a drop-in stock turbo will give you stock reliability and longevity. He wants better than 300K on the engine between overhauls???