HybridZ

konig rewind 16x7 zero offset tires help

225/50-16 fits very well and is pretty close to the stock diameter so you won't have to change the speedo gear. I wouldn't go wider with a 7" rim.

I have the 16x7 panasports with that size tire and only had mild rubbing with the rear fenders. Fronts were fine.

I have noticed that the width of the tire will vary a little between the various manufacturers. For example, I had Yokohama ES100s in that size with only an occasional rub when hitting a big bump. Then I tried Kumho MX and it rubbed more often. Now I have the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec and they're just a little wider than the Kumho.

Side note: you didn't ask, but of the 3, the Dunlops are by far the best track tire, followed closely by the Kumho. But if you need to drive in the wet, the Yok ES100 was the safest of the 3.

I think it all depends on what you find more appealing. I'm running a 16x8 rim with a 225/50/60 tire. Your other option is to run a 215/50/60 or 205/55/60, which will have less of a bulgy look than the 225. If you go with the 215/205 your less likely to be rubbing on the rear fenders. Mind you the 225/50/16 will bring you closer to that 24.5"-24.9" range on the overall diameter. Although it's hard to distinguish a 1/8" difference.

225/50-16 fits very well and is pretty close to the stock diameter so you won't have to change the speedo gear. I wouldn't go wider with a 7" rim.

I have the 16x7 panasports with that size tire and only had mild rubbing with the rear fenders. Fronts were fine.

I have noticed that the width of the tire will vary a little between the various manufacturers. For example, I had Yokohama ES100s in that size with only an occasional rub when hitting a big bump. Then I tried Kumho MX and it rubbed more often. Now I have the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec and they're just a little wider than the Kumho.

Side note: you didn't ask, but of the 3, the Dunlops are by far the best track tire, followed closely by the Kumho. But if you need to drive in the wet, the Yok ES100 was the safest of the 3.

Like Zmanco said, a lot of the tires manufactures will vary from each other marginally. I am running the Dunlop Direzza star spec in the same size as well.

This is the 225/50/16 dunlop on the 16x8 rim:

DSCN1493-1.jpgDSCN1494-1.jpg

Although I'm running a 1" wider rim than you, the proportions of the above setup would be very similar to a 215/50/60 or a 205/55/60 on a 16x7 setup.

If Zmanco could show a picture of his setup it could really help show you the difference between a 225/50/16 setup on a 16x7 and a 215/50/16 or 205/55/16 setup on a 16x7.

:icon14:

Here are a few shots where I tried to show how the tire is in relation to the top of the fender. As for your question if it will rub with flares, I obviously don't have flares, but I did have to cut the inside lip of the fender.

FYI, with the ES100s, they rubbed so rarely that I left the fenders alone. It was when I went with the wider Kumho MX that I had to cut.

P1010508_thumb.jpg

P1010510_thumb.jpg

P1010511_thumb.jpg

Here are a few shots where I tried to show how the tire is in relation to the top of the fender. As for your question if it will rub with flares, I obviously don't have flares, but I did have to cut the inside lip of the fender.

FYI, with the ES100s, they rubbed so rarely that I left the fenders alone. It was when I went with the wider Kumho MX that I had to cut.

Is your rims 16x7 0 offset too? or is the offset different? i was looking forward for a new rims and tire pix also. but i guess u didn't have it. will anyone else have a pix of a konig wheel that is 16x7 0 offset? i need a good example from the members that have own a set.

Here are my Konig Rewinds, 16x7, 0 offset.

215-50-16 Front tires (Toyo Proxes TPT)

225-50-16 Rear tires

Stock suspension:

126306735_i3btp-M.jpg

Lowered with Tokico springs:

146376102_2SAhu-M.jpg

459609046_gxNqW-M.jpg

459609047_Z87fi-M.jpg

I did have some rubbing in the rear, but I rolled the fenders and that took care of it. The front has plenty of clearance... I may even try to lower the front another 1/2" or so.