HybridZ

need some info on rear disc upgrade

i've search with no answers....

i want to upgrade rears to 240sx calipers/ 84'Z31 rear rotors.

my question is, does any of the maxima brackets will work with ease.

i have some maxima brackets i bought from someone and i want to know if these will work.....also, can you post up pictures of the maxima brackets that will work to see if it looks like mines.

thanks

What year Maxima bracket do you have? There is the mid 80's model that is used with the 83/280zx caliper and rotor. There is also the 90's model bracket that can be used but need to be modified to fit the hub and set the caliper at the right offset. Now, the 300zx rotor has a large diameter and you might have to shave some millimeters of the diameter to fit.

Here are some pictures I have; bracket alone is 80's version, installed bracket is midified 90's version.

Now, the 240sx has a large offset I doubt any of the Maxima brackets will do the job. I believe ModernMotorsport has brackets for your combination.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

11702_thumb.attach

Maxima brk_thumb.jpg

What year Maxima bracket do you have? There is the mid 80's model that is used with the 83/280zx caliper and rotor. There is also the 90's model bracket that can be used but need to be modified to fit the hub and set the caliper at the right offset. Now, the 300zx rotor has a large diameter and you might have to shave some millimeters of the diameter to fit.

Here are some pictures I have; bracket alone is 80's version, installed bracket is midified 90's version.

Now, the 240sx has a large offset I doubt any of the Maxima brackets will do the job. I believe ModernMotorsport has brackets for your combination.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

i have the same brackets on the right side of your two pictures. now i take it that it'll only work with 280zx calipers/rotors....correct???

i have the same brackets on the right side of your two pictures. now i take it that it'll only work with 280zx calipers/rotors....correct???

The easiest swap is to use the complete early bolt on Maxima brackets complete with their calipers and rotor. The brackets are swapped so they mount in front of the rear struts. The only problem is to reroute your parking brake cable. A major advantage to the complete Maxima disk brake swap is your existing stock alloy 14 inch wheels, such as 6 point stars will bolt on without interference. There must be about 500 postings on the different variations of disk brakes. Do a search and enjoy an hour's read.

g

Correct. You are pretty much limited to one bracket for your 240sx calipers and its not a Maxima bracket. Here is a picture of the correct bracket for your 240sx calipers.

rear_disc 1_thumb.jpg