HybridZ

Building a 350

When the time comes, I wont have the money for the wonderful LS1. I had plans to buy a complete from the junk yard and put atfermarket heads, cam. Mabey down the road a stroker.

I will go with carb because I know nothing about wiring. How are these 350's carbed? Are they worth there weight-power when not being fuel injected?

are you talking about just an old iron 350 or a newer 5.7 motor?

if your talking about a 350 then i would say yes the parts are everywhere and it is very easy to get 400 horsepower without breaking the bank.

horsepower per dollar i dont think you can beat a small block chevy.

i built a 355 with 400plus hp and used a 750 cfm edelbrock carb and had no problems with the carb whatsoever.

another thing think about some lower gears these engines come alive

and aluminum heads or other things could be used to lighten the motor. aluminum heads are very affordable.

it was a 30 over two bolt main 350. the motor had camel hump heads. roller rockers. edelbrock torquer 2 intake. sp 10.5 to 1 pistons. the cam was a edelbrock torquer 2 cam designed to match the intake. victor junior aluminum water pump. i still only spent 3000 or 4000 on the entire build. the car had 456 gears and a 3800 stahl.

but i have to agree a 5.3 for 2000 bucks is a deal. i know several people with those in their trucks and they run like a striped ass ape

only two lengths behind my truck in a quarter mile i have a bone stock 2006 vortec max 345 hp 6.0ltr

I see you're in Baton Rouge... Have you hooked up with the Z group yet? They have a lot of knowledge and advice on things like this... PM Forest and see when the next meeting is. They usually meet at George's off Staring and Highland on a Sunday once a month.

Good luck with your car