HybridZ

RB25DET Gearbox Slave Cylinder

Mike Rowe

We have discussed this a bit previously in another thread, however I would like to know what slave cylinders others have used with the RB25DET gearbox? Mine is an R34 RB25DET gearbox bolted to the back of an RB26. The clutch is a pull type.

Attached is a photo showing at top the R32 GTR slave cylinder from my halfcut and the new slave cylinder I am going to use at the bottom.

My concern is that the new slave cylinder is a lot longer in size than the GTR slave, and I am wondering if it will release correctly etc and will not be too heavy? What have others found?

My halfcut came with a clutch booster (see attached PDF), but maybe this was because the original slave was so short?

Any feedback guys?

11715_thumb.attach

The Clutch Booster.pdf

Mike, the length of the slave makes no difference in pedal pressure, it's the bore size that changes things. The GT-R came with a clutch booster because it has a heavier pressure plate than the other RB's. The cylinders for push and pull are going to be completely different. Just use the one for the pull trans, and it won't be a problem. In my experience, the pull clutches are much softer on the leg and engage much nicer, even with heavier pressure plate loads.

Matt, thanks very much, I was hoping you might chip in.

We are in Nagano at the moment, back to Tokyo tomorrow and then home to Perth Aust. Disappointing re cars - havent seen one interesting car on the roads or come across any Car Business or Parts place. Am going to have a quick look around Tokyo tomorrow for Up Garage or something similar. Love Japan and the people though - absolutely organised, clean, safe and friendly.

regards